Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Who Says a Prisoner Can't Make A Difference From Behind Bars?

Dear Readers:

Although I won't be able to share with you as often as I would like via this blog, being that I wouldn't want to overwhelm the beautiful people who are maintaining it on my behalf. Therefore I will try to make every post one with substance. Yes, I am a prisoner and I have a story, and many thoughts that I would like to share with people who are concerned in society. Even though I am in a vary dark situation, I try to make it possible for some light to shine in my mind and heart. And find way to inspire and encourage people inside these prison walls and outside of the tall fences and razor wire.

My desire is to share with soceity the good that goes on within prison. There are many guys including myself who's spirit has grown and is still growing. I have pledged to myself that I will make a differance even from within. So I would like to begin by encouraging the souls of these guys who will be returning to a community near you.

I'm presenting an essay writing contest to the prison population. The title of the essay is: HOW TO INSPIRE OUR YOUTH TO STAY OUT OF PRISON AND STAY OUT OF TROUBLE. The deadline for this essay is 12/17/13. It's my intention to share with all readers the first and second place winners essays. Due to the holidays the winners of the essay contest will not be posted until after the holidays. And I'd like for the readers to collectively come up with the topic of next months essay writing contest. Be sure that it's a topic that will help you get better understanding of us within prison that have a desire to change and have an impact on the world.

I'm blessed to have a great group of guys with me that willing to make it possible to share our insight with those who care and need it most. Many of us were juvenile offenders, who understand most of issues that youth encounters today. Stay connected, for more to come.

Sincerely, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment